What Assistive Technology Services does the MCIU provide?
- MCIU AT Services
- SETT Request Form
- AT Consultation Request Form
- FM System Consultation form
- AT Training Request Form (for Individualized Student- or Team-Specific Trainings) Note: Large, group inservice-type trainings are arranged through Tammy Bertel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistive Technology Training and Resource Center
A range of workshops are offered in Assistive Technology including:
- Assistive Technology Overview
- Methodology and Implementation
- Device Operation
- Legal and Procedural Issues
- Software and Apps for Reading, Writing and Communication
- Visual Strategies
- SETT Framework
Please visit our Lending Library Inventory Items and use this link to borrow an item or items from our Assistive Technology Resource Center/Lending Library (ATRC) located at MCIU.
The Assistive Technology Resource Center houses a lending collection of devices, software, and print resources for loan up to three months. The Resource Center is open by appointment and from 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM on the following Open House Dates:
- Reading & Writing
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- SETT Process
- High Incidence Population: Reading & Writing
- OT/PT Resources
- Progress Monitoring
If you’d like to preview devices and materials, borrow equipment and receive specialized training on specific technology please contact Tammy Bertel to schedule an appointment.
Assistive Technology Resources
MCIU Early Intervention Assistive Technology Resources
- Week One: What is AT and How to Run a SETT
- Week Two: AAC Apps and Feature Matching
- Week Three: Implementation
- Week Four: Other AAC Devices
Printable Low-Tech Communication Books: HERE