For more details or to contact The Anderson School, we invite you to visit the school website at http://andersoneducation.org.
The Anderson School is designed to meet the needs of middle and/or senior high school students requiring a setting in which conditions that distract or over-stimulate them in the large-group regular education environment can be controlled, reduced, or eliminated for instruction.
The Anderson School provides emotional support in an off-campus setting for students with Individual Educational Plans as well as for non-identified students needing similar services. Highly qualified professional staff provide instruction in the general education curriculum aligned with Pennsylvania State Standards.
The Anderson School seeks to promote emotional growth while helping students develop a new and purposeful direction in their lives.
- Curriculum maps and assessments linked to Pennsylvania State Standards
- Group Counseling
- Opportunities at area centers for vocational technology
- Individual therapeutic intervention including stress management
- Individual supported instruction
- Multimedia technology including web based video streaming
- Specially Designed Instruction:
- Anderson Behavior Support System, Bully Prevention and Restorative Justice, Character Education, Conflict Resolution, Peer Mediation, Prosocial Behavior Training
- Individualized Educational Planning and Assessment
- Data driven IEP Development
Supportive services included:
- Community-Based Instruction
- Behavior Management
- Psychological Support
- Regular Physical Education
- Social Work Services
- Transition Services