MCIU Reading Olympics is a countywide reading event that encourages students to increase the quality and quantity of books they read for enjoyment. The Reading Olympics Program is based upon the belief that good reading habits form the foundation for a productive and successful life. This program is currently active in schools in Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster, Lehigh, and Montgomery Counties. In 2019, over 6,000 Montgomery County students participated in the Reading Olympics.
- October 6, 2020: Updates for Spring 2021 Events:
- Registration will open on Wednesday, October 14, 2020 and remain open until Friday, November 20, 2020. Go to the registration page to view event dates and registration instructions.
- Cost per team is reduced to $50 for Spring 2021 events.
- Schools are limited to 5 teams per event. Schools with more than 5 teams will need to register for multiple events.
- View an overview of virtual event adaptations below. Click here to open the slides in a new tab.
- September 10, 2020: The 2021 events WILL be happening! For this school year, they will run exclusively as virtual events. More info to come!
- June 30, 2020: The elementary list has been updated. Through My Eyes and Richard Wright and the Library Card have been added, while Stone Fox has been removed. Click here to the see the newly revised list.
- June 22, 2020: Stone Fox has been removed from the 2021 Elementary book list. It will be replaced by at least one book from the 2017 list. Please add your voice to the process and vote on which book(s) should be added. New lists will be posted by June 30, 2020.
- June 1, 2020: 2021 Lists have been posted! See them by clicking here.