MontcoWorks NOW staff continue to provide complete youth workforce services remotely during the Fall of 2020. Questions and general inquiries can be directed to Renae Suder at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 484-416-6800. Individuals wishing to enroll in MontcoWorks NOW should also contact Renae Suder to set up 10-minute eligibility interview. Please follow us on MWN Facebook and Twitter @MontcoWorksNOW for additional information.
MontcoWorks NOW serves at-risk youth and young adults who reside in Montgomery County, are between the ages of 14-24, and are presented with a significant barrier to completing or advancing in education or obtaining employment.
MontcoWorks NOW provides comprehensive, year-round programs and services for eligible youth and young adults who are either in school, have left school without a diploma and are now motivated and re-engaged, or have graduated and are unemployed/underemployed.
MontcoWorks NOW programs and services (both in-house and through collaborative partners) include, but are not limited to:
- Supportive and case management services
- Academic tutoring and study skills training
- Job readiness and workplace etiquette workshops
- Various occupational skills training programs for in-demand industry sectors
- Paid and unpaid work experiences
- GED preparation classes
- Pre-apprenticeship programs
- Job shadowing
- Professional adult mentorships
- Leadership development opportunities
- Entrepreneurial skills training
- Industry and college tours
- Career fairs
- Mock interviewing and professional resume writing