IMPORTANT NOTICE – MARCH 8, 2020:
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit has been monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation and received notification today that the Montgomery County Commissioners have now signed a Declaration of Disaster Emergency. With most of our events drawing more than 1000 individuals, and depending upon over 100 volunteers, MCIU is acting in an abundance of caution and is cancelling all remaining Reading Olympics events for this season. We apologize for the inconvenience. Further information will be forthcoming regarding the process of reimbursement for those teams who have already paid.
Please continue to encourage and celebrate your students’ reading accomplishments. We look forward to next year.
MCIU Reading Olympics is a countywide reading event that encourages students to increase the quality and quantity of books they read for enjoyment. The Reading Olympics Program is based upon the belief that good reading habits form the foundation for a productive and successful life. This program is currently active in schools in Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster, Lehigh, and Montgomery Counties. In 2019, over 6,000 Montgomery County students participated in the Reading Olympics.
- January 13, 2020: Final registration is now open and will remain open until February 14, 2020. The link for final registration was provided in a direct email to those that completed pre-registration. Please contact us at Reading_Olympics@mciu.org if you did not receive an email with a link for final registration.
- December 1, 2019: All schools that completed pre-registration received their location dates via email.
- November 8, 2019: Pre-Registration is now closed.
- October 7, 2019: Pre-registration is now open and will remain open until November 8, 2019. Please contact Reading_Olympics@mciu.org with any questions!
- September, 30, 2019: The dates and locations for 2020 have been posted! Pre-registration will open online on Tuesday, October 8 on this website! Please join our mailing list at the bottom of this page to receive updates!
- April 26, 2019 – The 2020 HIGH SCHOOL book list has been revised. The following 3 books have been removed due to being out of print and will not be replaced by other books.
- The Christopher Killer,
- Dirty Little Secrets,
- April 25, 2019 – 2020 Book lists have been posted.